Are You Prepared for Winter Weather?
Prepare Your Business for Winter Weather
- Check your business property for low hanging tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviated flood hazard potential.
- Inspect handrails, stairways and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present .
- Ask our highly trained SERVPRO professionals about starting an Emergency Ready Profile for your business.
Prepare Your Home for Winter Weather
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells this allows warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets , especially if the pipes for faucets run through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl or crawl space and turn it to “off”.
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage